NSW government Subsidised courses: Smart and Skilled
Smart and Skilled is a reform of the NSW vocational education and training system. It’s helping people get the skills they need to find a job and advance their careers.
Smart and Skilled provides eligible students with:
- an entitlement to government-subsidised training up to and including Certificate III
- government funding for higher-level courses (Certificate IV and above) in targeted priority areas.
The NSW Skills List is a list of all courses for which a government subsidy, under the Smart and Skilled reforms, may be available to eligible students. Updated annually, the NSW Skills List is based on the skill needs of the NSW economy and qualifications on this list are linked to jobs and further study pathways.
Students commencing a Skills List course and who meet individual eligibility requirements will pay Smart and Skilled fees and subsidies will apply. For information on Smart and Skilled program, please visit http://www.training.nsw.gov.au/smartandskilled/
Special fee waiver for refugees and asylum seekers
Effective from 1 January 2017, the NSW Smart and Skilled eligibility requirements have changed to support refugees and asylum seekers into training and jobs. The NSW government will expand access to government subsidised vocational education and training under Smart and Skilled for holders of bridging visas, temporary humanitarian concern visas and temporary humanitarian stay visas. Importantly, asylum seekers and refugees who commence their training from 1 January 2017 will be able to access fee-free training under Smart and Skilled for all qualifications up to Certificate IV level. Please contact Pacific College of Technology to see if you are eligible for this.
Smart and Skilled Arrangements for processing enrolments for asylum seekers and refugees
Asylum seekers and refugees living in NSW having access to fee- free training through Smart and Skilled. Please refer to attached factsheet for further information.
Pacific College currently has following priority skills list qualifications eligible for subsidies under Smart and Skilled Program:
Business & Management
- BSB60420 Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management
- BSB50120 Diploma of Business (Operations)
- BSB40120 Certificate IV in Business (Administration)
- ICT60220 Advanced Diploma of Information Technology
- ICT50220 Diploma of Information Technology (Advanced Networking)
- ICT40120 Certificate IV in Information Technology (Networking)
Enrolment Form & FAQ
Policies and procedures